Fangjun WangJob position: Associate Professor
Address: CAS Key Lab of Separation Sciences for Analytical Chemistry, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Education and Training
Sep 2001 – Jun 2005: B.S., Zhejiang University, Hangzhou
Jul 2005 – Jun 2011: Ph.D., Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics
2010 – 2011: studied and worked in University of Ottawa supervised by Dr. Daniel Figeys
structural proteomics and advanced mass spectrometry related new technologies and methods, especially for intact proteins and protein complexes analyses.
- J. Liu, F. Wang*, J. Mao, Z. Zhang, Z. Liu, G. Huang, K. Cheng, H. Zou*, High-Sensitivity N-Glycoproteomic Analysis of Mouse Brain Tissue by Protein Extraction with a Mild Detergent of N-Dodecyl beta-D-Maltoside. Anal Chem 87, 2054-2057 (2015).
- J. Li, F. Wang*, J. Liu, Z. Xiong, G. Huang, H. Wan, Z. Liu, K. Cheng, H. Zou*, Functionalizing with glycopeptide dendrimers significantly enhances the hydrophilicity of the magnetic nanoparticles. Chem Commun 51, 4093-4096 (2015).
- J. Chen, Z. Liu, F. Wang*, J. Mao, Y. Zhou, J. Liu, H. Zou*, Y. Zhang, Enhancing the performance of LC-MS for intact protein analysis by counteracting the signal suppression effects of trifluoroacetic acid during electrospray. Chem Commun 51, 14758-14760 (2015).
- J. Zhu, Z. Sun, K. Cheng, R. Chen, M. Ye, B. Xu, D. Sun, L. Wang, J. Liu, F. Wang*, H. Zou*, Comprehensive mapping of protein N-glycosylation in human liver by combining hydrophilic interaction chromatography and hydrazide chemistry. J Proteome Res 13, 1713-1721 (2014).
- B. Xu, F. Wang*, C. Song, Z. Sun, K. Cheng, Y. Tan, H. Wang, H. Zou*, Large-scale proteome quantification of hepatocellular carcinoma tissues by a three-dimensional liquid chromatography strategy integrated with sample preparation. J Proteome Res 13, 3645-3654 (2014).
- Y. Wu, F. Wang*, Z. Liu, H. Qin, C. Song, J. Huang, Y. Bian, X. Wei, J. Dong, H. Zou*, Five-plex isotope dimethyl labeling for quantitative proteomics. Chem Commun 50, 1708-1710 (2014).
- J. Liu, F. Wang*, J. Zhu, J. Mao, Z. Liu, K. Cheng, H. Qin, H. Zou*, Highly efficient N-glycoproteomic sample preparation by combining C(18) and graphitized carbon adsorbents. Anal Bioanal Chem 406, 3103-3109 (2014).
- F. Wang*, K. Cheng, X. Wei, H. Qin, R. Chen, J. Liu, H. Zou*, A six-plex proteome quantification strategy reveals the dynamics of protein turnover. Scientific Reports 3, 1827 (2013).
- F. Wang, A. P. Blanchard, F. Elisma, M. Granger, H. Xu, S. A. Bennett*, D. Figeys*, H. Zou*, Phosphoproteome analysis of an early onset mouse model (TgCRND8) of Alzheimer's disease reveals temporal changes in neuronal and glia signaling pathways. Proteomics 13, 1292-1305 (2013).
- Z. Liu, J. Ou, Z. Liu, J. Liu, H. Lin, F. Wang*, H. Zou*, Separation of intact proteins by using polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane based hybrid monolithic capillary columns. J Chromatogr A 1317, 138-147 (2013).
- J. Liu, F. Wang*, H. Lin, J. Zhu, Y. Bian, K. Cheng, H. Zou*, Monolithic capillary column based glycoproteomic reactor for high-sensitive analysis of N-glycoproteome. Anal Chem 85, 2847-2852 (2013).
- J. Zhu, F. Wang, R. Chen, K. Cheng, B. Xu, Z. Guo, X. Liang, M. Ye*, H. Zou*, Centrifugation assisted microreactor enables facile integration of trypsin digestion, hydrophilic interaction chromatography enrichment, and on-column deglycosylation for rapid and sensitive N-glycoproteome analysis. Anal Chem 84, 5146-5153 (2012).
- Z. Zhang (#), F. Wang (#), B. Xu, H. Qin, M. Ye, H. Zou*, Preparation of capillary hybrid monolithic column with sulfonate strong cation exchanger for proteome analysis. J Chromatogr A 1256, 136-143 (2012). # co-first authors
- F. Wang, J. Zhu, L. Hu, H. Qin, M. Ye, H. Zou*, Comprehensive analysis of the N and C terminus of endogenous serum peptides reveals a highly conserved cleavage site pattern derived from proteolytic enzymes. Protein Cell 3, 669-674 (2012).
- F. Wang, X. Wei, H. Zhou, J. Liu, D. Figeys, H. Zou*, Combination of online enzyme digestion with stable isotope labeling for high-throughput quantitative proteome analysis. Proteomics 12, 3129-3137 (2012).
- F. Wang, C. Song, K. Cheng, X. Jiang, M. Ye, H. Zou*, Perspectives of comprehensive phosphoproteome analysis using shotgun strategy. Anal Chem 83, 8078-8085 (2011).
- C. Song (#), F. Wang (#), M. Ye, K. Cheng, R. Chen, J. Zhu, Y. Tan, H. Wang, D. Figeys*, H. Zou*, Improvement of the quantification accuracy and throughput for phosphoproteome analysis by a pseudo triplex stable isotope dimethyl labeling approach. Anal Chem 83, 7755-7762 (2011). # co-first authors
- F. Wang, G. Han, Z. Yu, X. Jiang, S. Sun, R. Chen, M. Ye, H. Zou*, Fractionation of phosphopeptides on strong anion-exchange capillary trap column for large-scale phosphoproteome analysis of microgram samples. J Sep Sci 33, 1879-1887 (2010).
- F. Wang, R. Chen, J. Zhu, D. Sun, C. Song, Y. Wu, M. Ye, L. Wang, H. Zou*, A fully automated system with online sample loading, isotope dimethyl labeling and multidimensional separation for high-throughput quantitative proteome analysis. Anal Chem 82, 3007-3015 (2010).
- F. Wang, J. Dong, M. Ye, R. Wu, H. Zou*, Improvement of proteome coverage using hydrophobic monolithic columns in shotgun proteome analysis. J Chromatogr A 1216, 3887-3894 (2009).
- F. Wang, J. Dong, M. Ye, R. Wu, H. Zou*, Integration of monolithic frit into the particulate capillary (IMFPC) column in shotgun proteome analysis. Anal Chim Acta 652, 324-330 (2009).
- F. Wang, M. Ye, J. Dong, R. Tian, L. Hu, G. Han, X. Jiang, R. Wu, H. Zou*, Improvement of performance in label-free quantitative proteome analysis with monolithic electrospray ionization emitter. J Sep Sci 31, 2589-2597 (2008).
- F. Wang, J. Dong, M. Ye, X. Jiang, R. Wu, H. Zou*, Online multidimensional separation with biphasic monolithic capillary column for shotgun proteome analysis. J Proteome Res 7, 306-310 (2008).
- F. Wang, X. Jiang, S. Feng, R. Tian, X. Jiang, G. Han, H. Liu, M. Ye*, H. Zou*, Automated injection of uncleaned samples using a ten-port switching valve and a strong cation-exchange trap column for proteome analysis. J Chromatogr A 1171, 56-62 (2007).
- F. Wang, J. Dong, X. Jiang, M. Ye, H. Zou, Capillary trap column with strong cation-exchange monolith for automated shotgun proteome analysis. Anal Chem 79, 6599-6606 (2007).
- J. D. Knight, R. Tian, R. E. Lee, F. Wang, A. Beauvais, H. Zou, L. A. Megeney, A. C. Gingras, T. Pawson, D. Figeys, R. Kothary, A novel whole-cell lysate kinase assay identifies substrates of the p38 MAPK in differentiating myoblasts. Skelet Muscle 2, 5 (2012).
- H. Zhou, F. Wang, Y. Wang, Z. Ning, W. Hou, T. G. Wright, M. Sundaram, S. Zhong, Z. Yao, D. Figeys, Improved recovery and identification of membrane proteins from rat hepatic cells using a centrifugal proteomic reactor. Mol Cell Proteomics 10, O111 008425 (2011).
- H. Qin, P. Gao, F. Wang, L. Zhao, J. Zhu, A. Wang, T. Zhang, R. Wu, H. Zou, Highly efficient extraction of serum peptides by ordered mesoporous carbon. Angew Chem Int Ed 50, 12218-12221 (2011).
- Y. Jiang, H. Liu, H. Li, F. Wang, K. Cheng, G. Zhou, W. Zhang, M. Ye, Y. Cao, W. Liu, H. Zou, A proteomic analysis of engineered tendon formation under dynamic mechanical loading in vitro. Biomaterials 32, 4085-4095 (2011).
- R. Chen, Y. Tan, M. Wang, F. Wang, Z. Yao, L. Dong, M. Ye, H. Wang, H. Zou, Development of glycoprotein capture-based label-free method for the high-throughput screening of differential glycoproteins in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cell Proteomics 10, M110 006445 (2011)
Wang F*, Applications of Monolithic Column and Isotope Dimethylation Labeling in Shotgun Proteome Analysis. Springer Theses, 2014, ISBN: 978-3-642-42007-8 (Print) 978-3-642-42008-5 (Online), DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-42008-5.
- New Methods for Highly Sensitive Proteome Analyses, Oral presentation, The 43rd International Symposium on High Performance Liquid Phase Separations and Related Techniques, 2015, Beijing, China;
- Highly Sensitive Glycoproteome Analysis by Using Glycoproteomic Reactor, Oral presentation, The 31st International Symposium on MicroScale Bioseparations, 2015, Shanghai, China;
- New technologies for highly efficient N-glycoproteomic analysis, Oral presentation, The 5th Asia Oceania Mass Spectrometry Conference, 2014, Beijing, China;
- Recent development of technologies and methods for proteome analysis, The 7th International Symposium on Enabling Technologies, 2013, Toronto, Canada;
- Quantification accuracy evaluation in large scale quantitative proteome analysis by using stable isotope labeling strategy, Oral presentation, Oral presentation, The Sino-German Workshop on Analysis of Biomarkers in Complex Samples, 2012, Dalian, China;
- Hippocampus proteins quantification and interaction analysis of transgenic mouse encoded with double mutant form of amyloid precursor protein 695, Oral presentation, 7th CNHUPO Annual Congress & 3rd International Forum of Proteomics, 2011, Hangzhou, China;
- Solid-phase isotope labeling and multidimensional separation for proteome and phosphoproteome quantification, Oral presentation, The 37rd International Symposium on High Performance Liquid Phase Separations and Related Techniques, 2011, Dalian, China;
- Applications of new monolithic column technologies in proteome analysis, Oral presentation, The 24st International Symposium on MicroScale Bioseparations, 2009, Dalian, China;
- Applications of monolithic column technology in label-free quantitative proteome analysis, Oral presentation,The 33rd International Symposium on High Performance Liquid Phase Separations and Related Techniques, 2008, Kyoto, Japan
- 2014, Member of the Youth Innovation Promotion Association CAS (2014164);
- 2013, UCAS-Springer Excellent Doctorate Theses Award;
- 2012, Excellent Doctoral Dissertation CAS;
- 2011, Excellent Graduates CAS;
- 2011, Excellent Graduates Liaoning Province;
- 2011, The PSC Young Scientist Lecture Award at HPLC 2011 Dalian;
- 2011, Excellent Young Scientist Lecture, 7th CNHUPO Annual Congress & 3rd International Forum of Proteomics;
- 2010, Short-term Research Award, CIHR Training Program in Neurodegenerative Lipidomics;
- 2009, Excellent Young Scientist Lecture, 17th Symposium on Chromatography of China;
- 2005, Excellent Graduates Zhejiang University.